Baby Food Recipe; Plantain Pottage
This is an adaptation of Yam pottage (Nigerian cuisine) using ripe plantain and vegetables. Plantain is like banana but unlike banana, it can not be eaten raw. It could be boiled, fried with oil or grilled. When ripe it has a sweet taste.
- 2 ripe Plantain. Peel off skin and cut into small cubes
- 2 Tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 seasoning baby organic cube
- 1 Medium onion (diced)
- Baked Beans (reduced salt and salt)
- 2 tablespoons of ground crayfish
- Two handful of mixed frozen vegetables (carrot, peas, garden beans and sweet corn)
1. Place plantain in pot with the sunflower oil and three cups of water. Add the seasoning cube and crayfish. Cook for about 7 minutes.
2. Add the onions, mixed Vegetables to the plantain and cook till the vegetables is soft (5 minutes).
3. Mash with spoon or blend depending on baby’s age. Add the baked beans to the mashed/puree. Mix carefully and allow to cool. Batch in covered ice tray.
My little cute face enjoyed this pottage till it finished.